Call for Proposals: The UN Multi-Partner Human Security Trust Fund for the Aral Sea region in Uzbekistan (MPHSTF)
The UN Multi-Partner Human Security Trust Fund for the Aral Sea region in Uzbekistan (MPHSTF) is pleased to announce its First Call for Proposals
About the MPHSTF
The UN Multi-Partner Human Security Trust Fund for the Aral Sea region in Uzbekistan (MPHSTF), officially launched on the margins of the 73rd UN General Assembly in November 27, 2018 will serve as a unique unified platform for international development cooperation and the mobilization of donor resources to implement integrated measures and complement the measures to address the consequences of the Aral Sea disaster taken by the Government in the Aral Sea region through the human security approach.
Focus areas for the first Call
As per the decision of the MPHSTF Steering Committee of 24 January, 2019 the following three MPHSTF priority programmatic areas will be the focus of the First Call for Proposals:
- Providing environmental security (including afforestation);
- Providing health security; and
- Providing social security (including access to basic utilities, social protection, water, sanitation, and education).
Who is eligible to submit proposals?
The participating UN organizations (PUNOs, i.e., UNDP, UNFPA, UNICEF, UNESCO, UNODC) are eligible to submit proposals to the MPHSTF. National and international counterparts (e.g., government agencies, local authorities, INGO and NGOs, academia, etc.) are encouraged to come up with proposals, which must be developed in partnership with and submitted by PUNOs.
The proposals will be assessed against the following principles and selection criteria:
Based on an assessment of the needs, capacities and insecurities of people as well as the risks of the region.
Designed based on the conditions of the Aral Sea region and on knowledge of the situation of communities targeted.
Based on the MPHSTF Theory of Change and not prepared in isolation
Focusing on technology transfer and the piloting of new approaches
What are the Selection Criteria?
MPHSTF will evaluate proposals on the basis of the following key criteria:
- The extent to which the goals and objectives of the proposal conform to the MPHSTF Programmatic Framework;
- Alignment with the priority programmatic priorities for the First Call for Proposals;
- Integration of gender issues;
- Context specific and relevance;
- Effectiveness, impact and scalability;
- Sustainability and cost efficiency;
- Potential of the proposals to strengthen the national capacities, strengthen institutions and provide support to local actors.
- Clear description of budget requirements and link to achieving results;
The call for proposals is open from 29 March 2019 till 29 April 2019 (18:00, Tashkent time, Uzbekistan)
Filled in proposal forms should be submitted to the following e-mail address (email@example.com) to the attention of the MPHSTF Technical Secretariat.